Sometimes when my world feels overwhelming, like it does at the moment with assessments and exams at uni and a somewhat less than cool homelife, I forget that I have a lot to be thankful for. For starters, I have a God whose ‘love endures forver’ (Psalm 118) even when I forget to acknowledge all the good things He has given me and done for me. So here is a list of things I have to be thankful for today – some big, some little 🙂
- My GP who is both a) hilarious and b) kind. She bulk bills me every session because she knows I don’t have heaps of money. She doesn’t have to, and she’s missing out on money by doing so. Clearly, she is pretty cool.
- The chance to go to uni. And then change my mind about what I want to do.
- 80c cans of diet coke from my local Woolies. Pretty awesome.
- Blue sky
- Watching my Fiancé belly dance at his 21st birthday dinner on Saturday (I wish I had a picture to show you!) He’s actually got pretty good rhythm.
- Crispy towels off the washing line
- Medicine. You wonderful inventions, you…
- Friends who make me laugh
- A roof over my head and food to eat and clothes to wear
So, I’m going to try to be thankful more often. My life doesn’t actually suck – there are plenty of good things in it.